Indulge your sweet tooth with a Savannah dessert walking tour! The stories of the Historic District are even sweeter with some sugar on the side. Satisfy your dessert cravings while learning Savannah history.
Duration: 3 hours
Time: 12 p.m. daily
Max group size: 12 people
Included: Shrimp and grits, fried crab claws, Chicken fingers and spuds, tomato bruschetta & prosecco, BBQ sliders, beer cheese, pimento cheese, pita chips, pretzel bites, soda, water or sweet tea
Tour departure: Historic Downtown Savannah, GA
Historic Downtown Savannah Food & History!
Treat your taste buds to a cultural feast in downtown Savannah. Eating your way through the city gives you a unique way to become acquainted with the city layout and history. This Savannah food tour encompasses all of the city’s most mouthwatering bites and fascinating bits of history.
This three-hour tour is suitable for all ages and provides the perfect opportunity to enjoy an exciting food tasting experience while exploring the squares of the Hostess City.
What to Expect
Meet your guide at noon inside Tondee’s Tavern, 7 East Bay Street in downtown Savannah Georgia. After trying their award winning shrimp and grits over a brief introduction to the history of the city, as well as Tondee’s Tavern, enjoy a bite from their famous cheesecake market, Then begin walking around the city’s Historic waterfront on your way to the Bayou Cafe for fried crab claws and their famous hand made hot sauce. After hidden tunnels on factors walk, we will visit Spanky’s River Street, home of the original chicken finger since 1976. Then meet Charlie and the other ghosts of tandem coffee and spirits at the East Bay Inn over tomato bruschetta & prosecco. Next up, the history of Reynolds and Johnson Squares en rout to P.S. Tavern for a taste of Savannah’s best BBQ. The tour will then head to the historic riverfront to visit Dub’s Public House for Pimento Cheese and beer cheese as well as pretzel bites. Taste enough samples for a filling lunch.
We also offer plenty of time to order and pay for cocktails and spirits along the way.
As you walk, you will learn about Savannah’s long and fascinating history as Georgia’s hostess city of the South. From the first wooden ships to cross the Atlantic Ocean, to the city’s secret Shanghai tunnels, we will talk all things Savannah.
This food tour is conducted at a leisurely pace but please consider bringing a bottle of water, checking the forecast to see in an umbrella or sunscreen is needed and of course, walking shoes. Conclude your tour very close to where you started at noon. Everyone is welcome however we can only do our best for folks with dietary restrictions or food allergies. Food allergies are of course of the upmost importance. Please communicate any issues as far in advance as possible. Also, this is a historic city, uneven surfaces and stairs are part of this tour. Mobility issues should also be advised in advance.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. If this occurs, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Vegetarian options are available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or wheelchair
- Tour is subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Tour operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately