Indulge your sweet tooth with a Savannah dessert walking tour! The stories of the Historic District are even sweeter with some sugar on the side. Satisfy your dessert cravings while learning Savannah history.
Duration: 3 hours
Time: 12 p.m. daily
Max group size: 14 people
Included: Shrimp and grits, fried crab claws, tomato avocado bruschetta, homemade bonbons, shepherd’s pie, blue crab stew, soda, water or sweet tea
Tour departure: Historic Downtown Savannah, GA
Historic Downtown Savannah Food & History!
Treat your taste buds to a cultural feast in downtown Savannah. Eating your way through the city gives you a unique way to become acquainted with the city layout and history. This Savannah food tour encompasses all of the city’s most mouthwatering bites and fascinating bits of history.
This three-hour tour is suitable for all ages and provides the perfect opportunity to enjoy an exciting food tasting experience while exploring the squares of the Hostess City.
What to Expect
Meet your guide at noon at Tondee’s Tavern, 7 East Bay Street, in downtown Savannah, Georgia. After sampling their award-winning shrimp and grits over a brief introduction to the history of the city, as well as Tondee’s Tavern, begin walking around the city’s beautiful squares and along its historic waterfront. Stop by five more restaurants known for serving up authentic low country cuisines such as blue crab stew, and fried crab claws. Visit Historic Bay Street, Factor’s Walk, the Savannah River, the old cotton warehouse that is the Bayou Cafe, Our Daily Bread, Historic Wright Square, Debi’s Resturant where Forrest Gump was filmed, Historic Bull Street, beautiful Johnson Square and back to the waterfront to visit Kevin Barry’s Irish Pub and Dockside Seafood. Taste enough samples for a filling lunch.
Learn about Savannah’s long and fascinating history as Georgia’s Hostess City of the South, as you walk along. From the first wooden ships to cross the Atlantic Ocean to the city’s secret Shanghai tunnels, to Forrest Gump, immerse yourself in all things Savannah.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. If this occurs, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Vegetarian options are available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or wheelchair
- Tour is subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Tour operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately